A lot of firsts this week: first teeth (the bottom two are coming in); first unassisted steps; first time climbing Christmas presents. :-) The pictures are below. Also, I hear that the top teeth are even more painful to come in; any tips about getting her (us) through it are appreciated.

3 comments:
I hear whiskey helps to ebb the pain of new teeth...as for long term effects don't even worry...mom used it on me and Rich :-)
Well I know for a fact that Great Great Granfather Andrew Woloskie. Told my Parents Annabelle and George Woloskie to use Honey and whiskey for teething baby's. I don't know why I remember that I couldn't have been but 4 years old myself. I do know that the whiskey was not store bought. Granpa Woloskie made it himself. My Dad George Woloskie told me a few stories about him and his brother Alex selling hooch out the back door of there house. Granpa made whiskey using Greatfruit to Potatoe's. They would dump the mash down by Great Lakes Steel in Ecorse and the black birds would not be able to fly after eating the mash.
Where did all this come from.
George Woloskie
Great Great Grandfather Andrew Woloskie lived with us when I was a boy of about 4 or 5 years old. Why I remember this I do not know but he said that Honey with a little whiskey was good for helping teething babie's.
And a side line to the whiskey aspect is Granpe Andrew (aka Henry) made his own whiskey out of anything from grape fruit to potato's. And My dad George and his brother Alex would sell whiskey out the back door for 15 cents a quart. And they would water it down to get some extra spening money.
Post a Comment